Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2010, 12:25   #1

A Ranger 28 and a Circular Saw

so forgive my lack of any real knowalge here. and for that matter my terrible spelling.
so here is my story. i recently decided that i have no real reason at this point not to start cruising, besides lack of $ that is. so i started looking for a boat and right off found there are a lot out there in the 2 to 4 thousand range. after paging through endless junk i came across a 1978 ranger 28. (mull) that was in usable shape according to the owner. i know that is what they all say but he is being honest so far and is asking what the boat is worth. 2000. now we all know what this means there are soft spots on deck. it is not everywhere but they are on the bow from a damaged pulpit and some next to the hatch along the cabin. he also said the the toe rail needs redone. i am not scared of taking a saw to this classic and doing what needs done. what i need to know is can i live aboard and sail her wile i fix her up. i will need to take her from Cleveland before aug and head south so i don't freeze because i don't have the cash to have a boat in drydock an place on land and still have $ to sink into fiberglass and plywood.
i know there must be boats out there sailing with soft spots. but i am new to this and don't know how much is to much.
jschorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2010, 18:46   #2

is there is no one out there or no one who knows someone who is sailing around with soft spots on there deck?
jschorr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deck, ranger, rot, restoration