Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2019, 09:29   #16

Re: Advice: Random plugs/holes in top side of aluminum hull. What are they/how to rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlt2819 View Post
Great input guys, thanks very much. One thing I forgot to ask... if I fill weld it using a blowtorch and Durafix rod, should I know what's on the inside of the hull around the hole (in case there's anything which could catch fire/melt) or do you think the temperature is low/localized enough that it won't be an issue? Obviously I don't want to find out the hard way!
Any way you weld it you need to protect the back side. Pull anything flammable away and use a piece of aluminum or etc to shield.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aluminum, hull, plug