Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-03-2012, 04:57   #1

andersen compact electric conversion kit

We are in the midst of having a andersen electric conversion kit installed for our starboard cabin top winch a 40st to help with hosting the main. I am wondering as I am in a bit of a state of confusing as to what to do about the headliner as the motor will hang down in the starboard cabin and wanted to know if anybody has done a retro fit we have a Wauquiez Centruion 40S. I am sure there has to be some solution as to what you would put up there to hide the motor.
Marilyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:22   #2

Boat: Bristol 41.1 Keep on Dancin'
Re: andersen compact electric conversion kit

I switched to an Anderson compact winch on my Bristol, when I installed a Leisure Furl. I built a Teak box that covered the motor, and a Teak channel to hide the cable. My one question to you, is the 40 Anderson large enough? On the advise of the winch provider, Rigging Only, I went to a 46, and it really is the correct size. I only have one turning block in the halyard lead, and getting lifted up the mast, the winch does work a bit.
keepondancin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:30   #3

Re: andersen compact electric conversion kit

This winch will only be used to host the main so yes this should be ok so I am told. I was in shock to find how heavy it is. I have tried to source out what they did at the factory for the headliner as many of the Wauquiezs took the option for the electric winchs on the cabin top so they must have built a headliner to fit.
Marilyng is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric