Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-09-2010, 11:07   #1

Annapolis Canvas Recommendation

I'm going to be in Annapolis a month and it seems a good time to get the cockpit cushions and a few others replaced. They will be Sunbrella and one of the drain through foams.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Carl
CarlF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2010, 11:31   #2

Boat: Island Packet Cat, 35 ft, Knotty Cat
This spring we used Custom Canvas Coverings in Kent Narrows. I realize that's not right in Annapolis but we were happy with their work.
Hans and Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 18:08   #3

Chris Ford - large selection of materials and the workmanship quality is outstanding. www.cfyachtcanvas.com He usually has a waiting list and is relatively high on the price side though, maybe try looking in the classifieds of the (excellent) local sailing rag, Spinsheet. www.spinsheet.com I don't think there are classifieds on the web site itself, but there is a link for the on-line magazine on the first page of the web site.

BTW, it is very difficult to get anything done in the month surrounding the boat show. Most if not all of Chris's work comes from word-of-mouth, so I am pretty sure he does not participate in the boat show - if you want to use him ask about scheduling an appointment now.
ShipShape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 18:21   #4

Boat: Island Packet Cat, 35 ft, Knotty Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans and Laura View Post
This spring we used Custom Canvas Coverings in Kent Narrows. I realize that's not right in Annapolis but we were happy with their work.
Sorry, I forgot to add a link to Custom Canvas Coverings!! Custom Canvas Coverings . Here it is.
Hans and Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 18:27   #5

Boat: PETERSON 44
Im pretty sure custom canvas will travel across the bridge to annapolis
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2010, 19:49   #6

Boat: 1983 Bristol 35.5 - "CAPRIOLE" Hull #123
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlF View Post
I'm going to be in Annapolis a month and it seems a good time to get the cockpit cushions and a few others replaced. They will be Sunbrella and one of the drain through foams.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Carl
We just had a complete canvas project completed by Canvas Creations, Dan Wood. Had gotten five bids on the project: dodger, bimini/connector, pedestal cover, hatch covers and sail cover. CC was not the lowest, but their work is excellent and they will really work with you to get what you want. If you want it done right and are willing to learn from a professional, you won't be able find anyone better.
StormSailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2010, 08:09   #7

Boat: Hanse, 400e - 40ft
Like StormSailor, I can highly recommend Dan Wood of Canvas Creations. Dan outdid himself in delivering our custom dodger & bimini in record time. Not only was it during the post boat show busy season but it included handling a last minute change when he came back to find we had installed our wind generator right where his bimini was going ;-)

Someone else I can recommend is Christine Roney of Yacht Interiors of Annapolis (www.YachtInteriorsofAnnapolis.com)

Christine did an amazing job fabricating all of our interior cushions, a custom mattress with fitted sheets, installing window treatments, etc., etc., etc.

Good luck

Tags
annapolis, canvas