Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 23:51   #1

Assistance for motor service and headsail replacement.

Hi there,

Can someone please advise of the ball pack cost to service a yanmar engine on a 46ft yacht? I'm in sydney and looking for a marine mechanic.

Also, looking for recommendations to replace a broken headsail motorised system with a manual system?

I'm new to sailing and looking to get an older boat moving, any help is greatly appreciated. 🙏
Sailingoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:23   #2

Re: Assistance for motor service and headsail replacement.

Welcome to the forum “sailingoneday”, you’re asking those questions from probably the best city in Australia to find mechanics and riggers that can accomplish what you ask. None of the answers will be inexpensive but regarding the yanmar, you can probably do most of the work yourself if you have some tools and manual skills…. oil change,all filters, valve clearances, belts, seawater pump impeller, coolant change, inspect engine mounts, it’s all fairly routine work and not complicated. If you really want a pro, Minards diesel are a reliable source of information, expertise and parts but most of the marinas have an in house marine mechanic business that can handle yanmar servicing and repair.
I don’t personally know anyone who does roller furling installation and repair but I guarantee you won’t have a problem finding someone in Sydney or pittwater.
skipperpete is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
head, men, motor, sail, service

« Let's Talk Seacock | - »