Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 05:40   #1

Atlantic Towers Review

I have finally completed all the tinkering on our solar arch from Atlantic Towers and wanted to give a quick review

The customer service was top notch and they were super easy to work with.They have an in house engineer that will answer any questions you have throughout the design and install process.If you discover you need a new piece or connector they will 2 day air it to you at no charge in most cases.

Basically what they do is take your measurements and send you out a semi customized tower. They have done a lot of boats over the years and they have a database so you might get lucky, unfortunately I was the first Moody 425 they did so I had to measure. It comes out as 2 halves with a “bridge piece” that slides over each side to connect them. This gives you about 18” of wiggle room for the width. The legs are left a couple feet long so you just cut them to size and bolt down the plates. I modified it a little and added a couple of diagonal rods that went from the middle down to the transom and to the pushpit to stiffen up the aft stanchions. The arch was pretty solid to start with and super solid after, plus it had the nice benefit of acting like handrails while going up the swim platform. One thing we did do for peace of mind was fabricate some pads to put under the forward legs (the ones that sort of “pull” backwards when it’s under weight) out of that super compressed structural fiberglass (I think it’s called G10) and put them under the deck, this spreads the weight all the way to the side lip of the hull and transom so it’s super strong.

We upgraded the arch to schedule 80 aluminum and it feels very robust. the accessories were top notch and all fit seamlessly. The install took my wife and I about 3-4 days at dockside. Towards the end I discovered https://www.trick-tools.com/Drill_Ri...caAs33EALw_wcB and it made things SO much easier. All in all I had just under $7k into the arch, which I felt was a pretty good value.

https://imgur.com/a/quePfM6
nuru05 is offline   Reply With Quote