Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2019, 15:37   #16
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Re: Best Orgsnizer- To Do System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspicious View Post
It looks like Microsoft bought Wunderlist and that is now Microsoft ToDo. I suspect we'll seem some consolidation over the next couple of years.
Hi Auspicious...Thanks for the input

As you mentioned, I think the key is to be able to work and synch priorities between work laptop/smart phone and boat computer systems without needing to have internet.

Trying to get away from paper and keep my reference files handy (including spreadsheets and shopping lists) on phone when travelling

For the same reasons as you, I dont use cloud base files
I hope this Microsoft To do will help me to bypass having to be on line, just share via onboard network.
It does synch with Outlook when online, but I still use PST rather than IMAP accounts to avoid the Cloud

The transition from a full on Project Management Work mindset .
.....to a relaxed and retired liveaboard mindset, means less structure, more flexibility, without important stuff falling thru the cracks.

So far....I like this "To Do" Program

You start the mornings on "My Day" with a blank page and decide what you wish to do....Yet all the time sensitive lists are there on a smart reminder and linked files if your feeling ambitious that day [emoji4]

This tutorial is worth watching as I value your opinion

https://youtu.be/zhzKxgQp8HM
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 16:29   #17

Re: Best Orgsnizer- To Do System

Speaking as a software developer... for my boat projects I use a spiral-bound notebook. You can't trace the profile of a new shelf bracket on a smart phone or tablet. It sits in my knapsack.

I do have a spreadsheet for boat inventory. At home I use the Lightning plugin for the Thunderbird email client to manage appointments and deadlines.
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote