Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2017, 18:03   #16

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38
Re: Cabin Sole Options

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordkhntr View Post
Our Ranger 26 has the fiberglass pan in it as well. When we got it, it had crappy carpet in it. We are in the same boat as everyone else, trying to find a decent option to dress it up a bit but not break the bank. Sheet products that glue down seem like a good idea. The problem we have with the Lonseal is that it comes in 72" widths and we only really need something about 30" wide but about 10' long. So for it to be economical we would have to lay it with the stripes running sideway, and that just looks funny.
Laminate flooring that snaps together could be nice, but I'm just not sure how it would work with the curvature of the floor.
Maybe you and wristwister can get together on a roll. Seems to me you are in the same boat.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:15   #17

Boat: Privilege 435
Re: Cabin Sole Options

When I fitted my new cabin sole I looked at numerous different samples of flooring looking for a teak and holly look. Most of them felt like linoleum or just didn't look real. I eventually found Amtico flooring. It comes in single strips of whatever width you chose and single strips of holly, again in a choice of widths. You glue everything down one at a time so it takes a while but is easy to do. I've had it down for over a year now and its incredibly hard wearing, no damage or scratches whatsoever despite being heavily used. I can't remember exactly how much it cost but I covered my entire cabin and the steps leading down and it was somewhere around $1,600 US.

Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	413.5 KB
ID:	140812
Privilege is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabin, cabin sole