Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2023, 06:21   #16

Boat: 50ft Custom Fast Catamaran
Re: China diesel heater (Brand Vevor) control unit manaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnspace View Post
Well obviously the diesel is ignited if there is heat coming out of the unit (???).

It was heating, and he thinks the pump “ran away” and injected way too much fuel into the burner. It overheated and burned up the outlet area.
They all have over temperature shutdown for the heat exchanger/combustion area and it works. I ran into it my first day firing my starboard Vevor diesel heater up.

So that wasn’t it.

I’m going to guess the same as Tom’s conclusion, guess it was an improper exhaust hose installation or guess it was just a rumor.
Chotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2023, 09:22   #17

Boat: Custom 28' Power Catamaran

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2462.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	282128
massnspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2023, 09:31   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnspace View Post

Ha ha ha ha ha! Comical pic. I hope no poor consumers fall for that photoshop. Not even how a diesel heater even works. Lolol
Old 15-10-2023, 14:27   #19

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser

Is it me or are the Amazon / eBay / Ali photos getting worse and worse. I looked at one today where every photo was the same shot of the product, plunked onto a bunch of different stock photos showing people doing various things. No attempt was made to even get the scale right.

One of them made me laugh out loud. Two elegant looking people sipping glasses of wine in a fancy restaurant, with a giant version of the cheap-o $15 dollar product perched on the edge of the table in the foreground of the shot. The product? A floating speaker for a pool or spa. Yeah, the kind of thing you always bring with you to dinner in a nice restaurant. Of course.

Back on topic, it's the exhaust of those things which gets fiery hot. I actually had the exhaust pipe glowing cherry red once. Scared the crap out of me to see that on a boat.
CaptTom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2023, 20:40   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by amckay1977 View Post
Hi,
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue and can’t figure out how to use my controller to set time and can’t find videos either. Thank you! ,
Installed a Vevor 8K vertical all in one (orange color) today. 3 button controller.

I was unable to get it to prime, as pressing the two right buttons didn't get it into prime mode. It brings up all the stats which you can scroll through.

Pressing the two left buttons brought it into timer and time settings. I could not find a way to set the clock other then change it from 12hr to 24hr, but it is 4ish hrs behind.

And pressing the center button turns it off/on, and a 2sec hold changes from Auto to Manual mode for how it runs.

It seems to be a different version. I have watched all the videos I could find and didn't see this one once. Sent an email to Vevor, if I get a response I will post it here.
Attached Images

IAmABug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2023, 03:18   #21

it’s pretty annoying how many controllers they have. My controller can’t even access the settings. That’s what Vevor told me.

mine looks identical to the one in the last post. But apparently they are different. If I hold my right two buttons down it does go into the pumping mode.

At this point, I think some of those aftermarket controllers are the way to go when you have the one that’s in the picture above
Old 29-10-2023, 03:34   #22

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
it’s pretty annoying how many controllers they have. My controller can’t even access the settings. That’s what Vevor told me.

mine looks identical to the one in the last post. But apparently they are different. If I hold my right two buttons down it does go into the pumping mode.

At this point, I think some of those aftermarket controllers are the way to go when you have the one that’s in the picture above
Be careful we once ordered a controller as reserve spare part. It looked the same as ours but did not work.

I was told that it's better to order a new controller and new circuit board (the one in the heater) together.

Also, watch out, there are folks who sell used ones at Amazon, claiming they are new. I only got a refund when I threatened legal action.

We ignore the screen and only use the remote and start it and switch it off when needed, but then we don't have real winter here, I know your situation is very much different.

Their manuals are crap, but the heaters are good given their price tag.
Old 29-10-2023, 04:21   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franziska View Post
Be careful we once ordered a controller as reserve spare part. It looked the same as ours but did not work.

I was told that it's better to order a new controller and new circuit board (the one in the heater) together.

Also, watch out, there are folks who sell used ones at Amazon, claiming they are new. I only got a refund when I threatened legal action.

We ignore the screen and only use the remote and start it and switch it off when needed, but then we don't have real winter here, I know your situation is very much different.

Their manuals are crap, but the heaters are good given their price tag.
The aftermarket controllers should not look like the ones that you have or any of the ones available through Vevor.

One of the most popular ones is called the afterburner. Check it out:

https://www.mrjones.id.au/afterburner/

They open up an entirely new set of functionality and work really, really well. I’m thinking of getting them
Old 29-10-2023, 05:02   #24

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
The aftermarket controllers should not look like the ones that you have or any of the ones available through Vevor.

One of the most popular ones is called the afterburner. Check it out:

https://www.mrjones.id.au/afterburner/

They open up an entirely new set of functionality and work really, really well. I’m thinking of getting them
That's an interesting find. Thanks.

Please tell us here if its working well should you get one please.
Old 29-10-2023, 10:12   #25

One thing to mention is this thing is a beast for heat. I have a 19ft x 24ft garage, insulated fairly well other then the door. It was 8c in there and this heater got it up to 17c in 45mins on setting 5 (50%). Works like a dream other then the controller is limited. But really, all I need is it to turn on, turn off, and give heat which it 100% does.
IAmABug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2023, 10:24   #26

I received from Vevor on this controller. Can't upload the video though. Some screen shots that hopefully help. I will try this out today.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20231029_102201_Photos.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	282759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231029_102205_Photos.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	282760  

Name:	Screenshot_20231029_102150_Photos.jpg