Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2016, 15:51   #1

Cleaning Aphulstery/Vinyl Sests

I have a pontoon boat in Florida. Cleaning and maintaining the vinyl seating is a constant struggle in this climate. I've been alternating between scotch brite pads, magic erasers, diluted bleach, barkeepers friend, and attwood mold and mildew cleaner for vinyl and armoral. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
MrAntigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 15:40   #2

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: Cleaning Aphulstery/Vinyl Sests

Mr. Antigone,

You need help from the other guys in FL.

I think it will help some to provide air circulation, so leave the cushions tipped up when you leave the boat.

Also, you could try the clove oil and water anti-mildew treatment.

Basically, your boat is in a very high humidity area, which is why so many people run de-humidifiers.

Good luck on trying to find a way to cope with it. As far as I know, the extremely high humidity is a very difficult environment in which to keep things nice!

Ann

on edit: You might report my post to the Mods, [click on the triangle in the lower left of the post box] and see if they can add your location to the title of this thread, and fix the spelling of "Upholstery", it might make answering more attractive to those guys in your area who are combating the same problem.
Old 26-02-2016, 09:06   #3

Re: Cleaning Aphulstery/Vinyl Sests

Oh geesh. Thanks for pointing out the error.
MrAntigone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cleaning