Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-10-2015, 08:56   #46

Re: Coronado 25 Refit / Rebuild

Well, it's not likely to be a big deal if you don't tend to it. It would be nice to fix it. How easy to get at from below? I would do it that way if possible. Open it up dig out the wet core and epoxy in a chunk of ply would be fine. glass over. Easier than trying to match and paint the exterior glass I would think. But for sailing around the harbor, 'as is" is an option also.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2015, 18:08   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheechako View Post
Well, it's not likely to be a big deal if you don't tend to it. It would be nice to fix it. How easy to get at from below? I would do it that way if possible. Open it up dig out the wet core and epoxy in a chunk of ply would be fine. glass over. Easier than trying to match and paint the exterior glass I would think. But for sailing around the harbor, 'as is" is an option also.
I sail out of L.A. Harbor (Hurricane Gulch) almost every weekend and I spend most of my sailing mid channel (Catalina channel) 10 to 12 miles offshore so I'd like a decent repair but not to go overboard (pun).
socalsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 09:33   #48

Boat: Coronado 25

I am currently trying to fit my well to accommodate the Tohatsu 6 long shaft four stroke engine. The engine has a tilt angle of 70 degrees with a head height of nearly 14 inches. It is a bit bigger than the Johnson 9.9 two stroke that it is replacing. I've had to cut away at the lip by the outer lip where the lazarette door closes in order to be able to get the engine tilted out of the water. I will re-inforce this area now that there is less structural integrity there. I'm planing on fiber-glassing in an aluminum rod to do this. I have to replace the board that is fiber-glassed in on the transom where the engine is supported as that wood piece is spongy. Any and all suggestions welcomed I.e. what type of wood should I use? Cioa' for now.
Old 28-04-2019, 09:41   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Yanni View Post
I am currently trying to fit my well to accommodate the Tohatsu 6 long shaft four stroke engine. The engine has a tilt angle of 70 degrees with a head height of nearly 14 inches. It is a bit bigger than the Johnson 9.9 two stroke that it is replacing. I've had to cut away at the lip by the outer lip where the lazarette door closes in order to be able to get the engine tilted out of the water. I will re-inforce this area now that there is less structural integrity there. I'm planing on fiber-glassing in an aluminum rod to do this. I have to replace the board that is fiber-glassed in on the transom where the engine is supported as that wood piece is spongy. Any and all suggestions welcomed I.e. what type of wood should I use? Cioa' for now.
Have you considered an engine mount that slides up vertically, in lieu of tilting the engine? ... instead of modifying the boat?

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rebuild