Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2016, 19:38   #31

Boat: Fisher pilothouse sloop 32'
Re: Cost of changing out Ikea looking cabinets on a Lagoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
Land home
Attachment 118824
Sea home
Attachment 118825
Apologies for the lack of taste 🙈
Monte, plenty of taste, just no clarse.

Life is 10% the cards you are dealt, 90% how you play em
Uncle Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 21:34   #32
cruiser

Buy a Sunreef 61 instead if you don't like the interior of the Lagoon.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 22:21   #33

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano_ita View Post
I liKe Feeling line, and the interior for example of this

Scandinavia Yachts – Prestige / Comfort / Safety – Gallery

At least the corners of the tables and cabinets are slightly more rounded in the scandanavia yacht than those lethal square edges on the Lagoon....
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 22:23   #34

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Nova View Post
Wow! Very risky with extremely low chance of success. And a sure way to turn a $1.5+ million investment into a huge loss.
Have you ever had woodwork done in Thailand?? Far better quality than the European stuff.
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2016, 00:27   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44'cruisingcat View Post
An excellent interior for pole-dancing midget chefs.

Scandinavian yachts despite the name are made in Poland, so it's only logical that it includes an apparatus used for traditional dancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 13-02-2016, 05:45   #36

Boat: Oyster 66

The Discovery 50 should meet your requirements, it its large enough. As others have said, it's expensive - $1.6m. There's one for charter in the Carribean if you want to try it out first. Or buy an ex charter beat-up and do a mega refit. Granite counter tops, holly sole boards and oak cabinetry, top end appliances, fine artwork on the walls. Would be nice. Wouldn't be too heavy if done with foam core panels and veneer. A high end shop fitter/ domestic cabinet maker could do the job. Let us know what the quotes come to please.
poiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2016, 08:17   #37

Boat: Leopard 39 Owners Version

I was at the boat show in Miami yesterday. The use of laminates/verneers is bad and has gotten worse. One boat I was on, going down into the hull, there was a fiddle/ledge board on a shelf near the decent that would be an obvious hand hold.. and the cheap laminate was already coming off. It was a straight piece of laminate about 2 feet long and maybe 1 1/2 inch by 1 inch.. How fricken hard would it be to put a piece of real wood there?! And that is what all the shelves were trimmed with.. cheap laminate.

I've measured every cabinet door on our boat, and have plans to someday make new cabinet doors out of real wood. The cabinets themselves are good enough.. and new wood doors will make a very nice upgrade with no need to destroy the old cabinet frames and shelves. Same with the door to the head. I've measured them all. So, my suggestion would be to consider the just the doors for the enhanced look, and they'll never have laminate peeling off.

Another thing.. what's with the $10 curtains with snaps? geez... some things really irk me.

I know it's a matter of taste.. but I don't care for the white interiors, but my wife prefers that.
Privleoplag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2016, 14:03   #38

You guys are making my die of laughting ahahah (about the dancing chef pole LOL)
stefano_ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 22:14   #39

Quote:
An excellent interior for pole-dancing midget chefs.
Now that's very rude. How would you feel if you were a midget chef working your passage by pole dancing in a Lagoon. Midgets have feelings as well and I am sure not all midget chefs are pole dancers.

Not sure though about the classless Europeans though.
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 22:23   #40

Boat: President 43 Sportfish

Unsubscribed.
Terra Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 22:28   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
Scandinavian yachts despite the name are made in Poland, so it's only logical that it includes an apparatus used for traditional dancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Makes perfect sense!

John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 22:31   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
Now that's very rude. How would you feel if you were a midget chef working your passage by pole dancing in a Lagoon. Midgets have feelings as well and I am sure not all midget chefs are pole dancers.

Not sure though about the classless Europeans though.
If I was a pole dancing midget chef, no doubt I'd be very happy with that interior. But it wasn't in a Lagoon.

Being taller than average, that interior looked small to me.

John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2016, 22:53   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privleoplag View Post
I was at the boat show in Miami yesterday. The use of laminates/verneers is bad and has gotten worse. One boat I was on, going down into the hull, there was a fiddle/ledge board on a shelf near the decent that would be an obvious hand hold.. and the cheap laminate was already coming off. It was a straight piece of laminate about 2 feet long and maybe 1 1/2 inch by 1 inch.. How fricken hard would it be to put a piece of real wood there?! And that is what all the shelves were trimmed with.. cheap laminate.

I've measured every cabinet door on our boat, and have plans to someday make new cabinet doors out of real wood. The cabinets themselves are good enough.. and new wood doors will make a very nice upgrade with no need to destroy the old cabinet frames and shelves. Same with the door to the head. I've measured them all. So, my suggestion would be to consider the just the doors for the enhanced look, and they'll never have laminate peeling off.

Another thing.. what's with the $10 curtains with snaps? geez... some things really irk me.

I know it's a matter of taste.. but I don't care for the white interiors, but my wife prefers that.
I too just came back from 3 days at the boat show. I must admit the Lagoon 630 MY they gad on display looked great with almost black wall interior in the lounge but still the kook was let down but the mat finish woodwork. Talking with a very helpful dealer he said he could hook me up with a company that would re do the woodwork in a ultra high gloss finish for me. And the cost estimate wasn't outrageous. I asked one of the Lagoon bosses from France if I could have the 560 with the same interior color of the 630 MY and he said NO. No no no. The dealer later said he get it done after market for me.

The next day I saw the guys at FP. The 58 and the 68 are great. Cabinetry looks a lot better. And they will do whatever color scheme on cabinets etc. I want. A bit more money but may be worth it if I end up with a designer look I am after. And a look I would be happy to call home.

Interesting thing from both Lagoon and FP dealers was the flexible high end staffed charter programs they could arrange for the type of boat I am looking at. The FP dealer seemed to have their act really together on this front and would allow me to have total flexibility in the charter side along with great structuring advise tax wise. Chartering my boat out wasn't something I was considering before the show but it is something I'm considering now given that I would gave year round paid crew, tax benefits and total flexibility.

Oh. The FP agreed to do a special design extension of the cockpit roof out over the dinghy for solar panels away from the boom. I have come up with a design for both the Lagoon and FP that in my opinion will look great. Basically it is a fiberglass extension of the cockpit roof with two stainless steel round columns smaller in diameter than the ones in the cockpit but looking the same, sitting on the very aft of the stern. So you end up with a factory look that doesn't take away from the outer design of the boat.

I did see another very impressive cat made by the Royal ........ from Durban South Africa. Very solid vessel. Cabinetry top quality. Layout of berths great. 54' in length. Comes in $200,000 less than the 58 Lagoon. It is built to Lloyds shipping specs. And they agreed to add thermal insulation to the hulls along with a sit in bath. It also comes with a fly bridge helm like the Lagoon and FP. Really nice owner and the boat designer was incredibly keen to satisfy me. Very nice people. A slower boat but one I would feel very safe in sailing in very southern Atlantic waters.

Decisions, decisions.
Old 14-02-2016, 22:55   #44

Quote:
If I was a pole dancing midget chef, no doubt I'd be very happy with that interior. But it wasn't in a Lagoon.

Being taller than average, that interior looked small to me.
Old 14-02-2016, 23:12   #45

I believe that the preferred term is "little person", or dwarf. The m word is considered highly offensive. Not using derogatory terms for minorities is another thing I consider classy.

Tags
cabin, lagoon