Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2016, 04:59   #31

Re: Dumbest and most dangerous PO mods.

Dangerous? Well the PO for my boat fixed the AC raw water lines by using brass hose parts. I was inspecting them and pulled a bit hard, and it crumbled in my hand. Not to worry, he has a plastic hose Y valve with shutoff installed too!
sailnow2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 05:41   #32

Location: Aground in the Yorkshire Dales, awaiting a very high tide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sea View Post
Dumb but not dangerous...removing a good Force 10 propane stove to replace it with an electric stove...
We went to view a yacht in Turkey (Westerly 34?) on which the owner had removed the propane stove and cut back the adjacent lockers (with a rip-saw?) to install a domestic 220v cooker; across from it, the end of a saloon berth and chart table had also been chopped out (same rough-saw?) to install a matching 220v domestic fridge. The vendor honestly believed that these 'improvements' had increased the value of his boat.
bobnlesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 19:00   #33

Boat: Irwin Series II 52' 1983

Well PO had installed a car water reservoirs to the Ac intake to prime the pump and 4200 the lid closed. Add this to a open 2" thruhull backfilling a ballooned holding tank with a standard valve make the surveyor scream. Needless to say closed thruhulls before we made a offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Tampabayfireman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
danger