Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 16:20   #1

Boat: sailboat
Egregious epoxy error.

Last time I needed epoxy for something, the pump on my West System 105 broke, so, being a busy thrifty boater and having an abundance of 209 pumps, I put one of those on the 105 can, and mixed the resin using ratios.
And promptly forgot.

This week I needed to level about two square feet of lumpy fiberglass, and being that it is summer and hot inside my boat, I used 209 ... one squirt of 105 to one squirt of 209 ... having completely forgotten that it was a 209 hardener pump, not a 105 resin pump on the can of 105.

The resulting goo is quite similar to the salt water taffy you could buy at the County Fair in the Golden Olden Days. I'm getting frustrated with scraping away at the sticky mess with a putty knife, anybody know any tricks to remove this mess, down to bare fiberglass ????
Kello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:19   #2

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft
Re: Egregious epoxy error.

Are you serious?

If you are serious I'd get outside help before you botch the job completely.
coopec43 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
epoxy