Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2021, 12:23   #46

Re: Epoxy can't actually be used for EVERYTHING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariose View Post
I invite everyone patting themselves on the back for their witty responses or chuckling at this story to step back for a moment.

If this were a “punching up” situation, say. wealthy white folk doing something foolish to get their kicks on their mega yacht, I’d be willing to consider the humour. Or even if this article highlighted some mistake we’ve all made, it would be a chance to laugh at ourselves. But “punching down” isn’t funny. There’s no humour in people, likely driven to addiction by trauma few of us ever need to face, making a distastrously misguided decision when trying to be responsible in an effort to experience some human connection. That’s just tragic.
What race are they? I just read the thread and figured out what was done...and as Forest Gump might say, "stupid is, as stupid does".
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 16:00   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman1 View Post
Perhaps off topic-certainly less prurient : I tried to get a luthier friend to use epoxy on his guitars and mandolins and was categorically denied. So there are at least two uses that are not indicated.
Not used for joinery on guitars, as it is a bond that a steam needle can’t break.

As grain filler, there are a few guys I know of who use it in acoustic builds.

As a prophylactic?
Maybe Hyde glue, as a heat gun will break the bond, if you can handle a bit of discomfort.
nonav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 17:58   #48

Boat: Pearson 365 and Jeanneau 371

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonav View Post
Not used for joinery on guitars, as it is a bond that a steam needle can’t break.

As grain filler, there are a few guys I know of who use it in acoustic builds.

As a prophylactic?
Maybe Hyde glue, as a heat gun will break the bond, if you can handle a bit of discomfort.
Owhh!
piloto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epoxy