Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 12:56   #1

Boat: 1968 Morgan 24
Experienced sailor knowledge needed in Florida!

Hi all,
I bought myself a 1968 Morgan 24 a few years back, the Voodoo Clam, but haven’t had the chance to take her out much, and she hasn’t even been in the water since 2020. however, I have since decided I want to sail her down through the Caribbean from Florida.
The catch is that I really don’t know much about my boat, nor cruising in the ocean. I know there are a few things I need to fix up before I head out (hoping to leave beginning of january) and would love to get as much input as to what I need to check and repair and have working before I put her in the water and attempt to sail her.
Also if there is anyone in the Sarasota Florida area that may be willing to check her out and give some boat owner/ cruising tips I would love to chat!
Otherwise recommendations on where to find professional or knowledgeable opinions and help for cheap would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you!
-CC
VoodooClamama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, florida, sail