Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 12:21   #1

Boat: 1978 Mainship 34 Sedan Trawler MK1
Gulfstar Water Heater Install and 4-108 Fuel Filter

I am installing an engine heated water heater on the Perkins 4-108 and would like some specific directions on where and where to attach the input to the water heater and the output from the water heater.

I also am having a problem finding the part number for the rubber coated steel washer that goes under the head of the bolt that holds the engine fuel filter together.

Any suggestions???
jimisbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 18:27   #2

Boat: SAnta Cruz 27
Hopefully the image will appear--the heater inlet is the black hose going into the T near the thermostat, and the outlet is the other black hose,but the heater doesn't care which way its hooked up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engine.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	10536  
donradcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2009, 19:27   #3

I dont know whats happening. This interface keeps bumping me off before I can finish a post. Thanks for the picture, its worth a thousand words. Just what I needed!!!!!!

I saw the "Thanks" button and tried clicking it, but nothing happened...or at least I didnt see anything happen. Software writers should be aware that the user needs feedback!!!!
Old 29-10-2009, 18:50   #4

Donradcliff, the picture was great, but my engine has a slightly different set of connections. The left side connection (looking at the picture) that you show going to your water heater is where my Temperature gauge is installed. The connection on the right ( looking at thepicture) has a hose going down to a "T" in that metal water pipe across the bottom/ middle of the picture from side to side.

I have a feeling that that hose is where a water heater was once connected....from the right side connection to the crossover pipe. Does that make sense?

Tags
fuel, fuel filter, gulfstar