Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2018, 06:56   #16

Boat: Catamaran, monohull, pontoon
Send a message via AIM to watermanmax
Re: Help in St. Thomas

Thanks, We have our hearts set on a Lagoon or a Fontain P. I am just going to bite the bullet and spend Way to much...l But a happy wife is a happy life Right!?!?!? but thanks
watermanmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:05   #17

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33

Looks like a really nice boat, but the location is the problem. I agree with others, buy a plane ticket, then get a qualified surveyor to go over all the problems with the boat.

Then... if the boat can be bought cheaply enough, I would have it put on a transport and moved to where it can be properly fixed, with your supervision. Move it to Florida perhaps?

The only other thing I would caution you about is the fact that it's a 16 year old 58 foot cat. Even if you bought it as a mint condition boat, it would be expensive to own. My extremely lightly used 2008 48 foot cat is constantly consuming time and money to fix things that break on 10 year old boats. Granted, this boat started out life as a better boat than my FP, but still, many of the systems are of the exact same brand and quality. The cost of maintaining a boat also goes up exponentially with size, so a 58 footer wasn't cheap to own on day one, much less now. Just something to think about.
Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 07:51   #18

Boat: Fortuna Island Spirit 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by watermanmax View Post
Thanks, We have our hearts set on a Lagoon or a Fontain P. I am just going to bite the bullet and spend Way to much...l But a happy wife is a happy life Right!?!?!? but thanks
Ya unfortunately its a bad year to be buying. So far it looks like boats that were undamaged are now selling at a premium (and very quickly).

Good luck.. Hope to see you out here.
travellerw is offline   Reply With Quote