Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 11:18   #1

Boat: Pearson 323
Help With Identifying Diesel Cabin heater

The newly acquired boat (Pearson 323) has a diesel heater installed in the cabin. I'd like to make certain that it's functional and safe, but don't know the manufacturer, or the year for that matter.

Can anyone here help with identifying this heater? I'm needing a proper maintenance manual for it.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240906_133129261.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	401.9 KB
ID:	293949   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240906_132934049_BURST002.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	412.5 KB
ID:	293950  

advgaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:30   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Trawler 32ft
Re: Help With Identifying Diesel Cabin heater

Hello,

This is a Dickinson Marine Chesapeake diesel heater. Unfortunately it was discontinued back in the early 1980's with no parts or manual available today.

You can download the current Dickinson diesel heater manual under the support tab on dickinsonmarine.com that is similar except for the info regarding the burner size and the valve flow rate as this unit has a smaller 4" burner that we no longer make, the heaters we make today have a 6" burner.

If you would like to discuss further, you can email info@dickinsonmarine.com
DickinsonMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:58   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickinsonMarine View Post
Hello,

This is a Dickinson Marine Chesapeake diesel heater. Unfortunately it was discontinued back in the early 1980's with no parts or manual available today.

You can download the current Dickinson diesel heater manual under the support tab on dickinsonmarine.com that is similar except for the info regarding the burner size and the valve flow rate as this unit has a smaller 4" burner that we no longer make, the heaters we make today have a 6" burner.

If you would like to discuss further, you can email info@dickinsonmarine.com
Thank you very much for this info. Assuming all parts are functional, I'd like to clean and inspect the heater as a whole. I do have questions about the valving and will def be in contact with you for support. Thanks again.
Old Today, 12:03   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by advgaia View Post
Thank you very much for this info. Assuming all parts are functional, I'd like to clean and inspect the heater as a whole. I do have questions about the valving and will def be in contact with you for support. Thanks again.
I do have onboard a manual for a Balmar 120, which seems like it might work. I read elsewhere that the Chesapeak heater was sold under many different labels and manuals were never really produced.

Is there any truth to that?

Tags
cabin, diesel, heater