Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2008, 12:41   #1

how many anodes

I have a total of 8 anodes on my 32 feet bilge keel steel boat, small one on rudder and small one wired to shaft, two fish shaped ones either side of the skeg and and the same either side of each keel. First two are still ok after 5 years the rest will need replaced next year. The boat is kept in a half tide harbour for 5 months a year. Do I need this many anodes fitted to the skeg and keels. My only concern is the replacement price. They have went up 300% in the last couple of years along with all types of metal.
kenpatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2008, 14:53   #2

We have only one anode on a 40 foot fin keeled steel boat and I suspect we really don't even need that under normal circumstances. It depends on coatings, electrical installation, what metals are present, etc.

On the face of it I would suspect that you are heavily over anoded no matter what but could not comment further without seeing the boat. Would suggest you get some on the spot professional advice.
MidLandOne is offline   Reply With Quote