Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-08-2022, 10:17   #1

Boat: Hunter Passage 42
How to run wires through Roof chase?

I've been trying to get my audio system working. Seems the speaker wires are cut in mid run. I feel confident that I can run new wires along the port chase, but don't have a clue how I would run over the roof and then along the Starboard chase. Hopefully there's a method or idea that I can use.

THe wires start from the entertainment area port between the main cabin and the forward berth. Then aft/Port to the speaker just forward of the Nav station. But that run should be relatively easy.

The other wires also go aft from the entertainment area, then over the roof in the chase mid boat then forward on the starboard side to the other speaker just aft on the starboard side. This is the one that completely baffles me. Can't imagine how you could run wires through with 2 right angles in rough fiberglass.

The old wires seem to be tied together with other wires too, as I can't pull on them to try to pull them out.

The boat is a 97 42 Passage.

Please anyone have some clues for me?
Geek_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2022, 10:56   #2

Boat: Jeanneau SO 389
Re: How to run wires through Roof chase?

Too bad about the roof chase. Dumb idea to add copper up high.
Almost guaranteed The is access near the 90 degree turn behind some wall partition trim. I checked the Hunter Passage 42 manual for details on the sound system. Nothing there.
I have Wisa wireless B&O speakers.
Sonos or Bluetooth is a wonderful option.
I’ve never liked one sound system with any boat I’ve bought.
Rumrace is offline   Reply With Quote