Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-08-2021, 16:16   #1
Junior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Valiant 42
Hurricane Haul Out Options in Caribbean

I am looking for some advice for next year as haul out options for a Valiant 42 in the Caribbean for 2022, so figured this might be a good time to ask about experiences. We plan to be moving our cruising grounds form New England to the Caribbean and have no problem with a passage to get to where we want to be. I know years ago that Trinidad was a recommended option, but have not kept up on that regarding good and secure yards. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!
s-v Cordelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2021, 16:29   #2

Location: On Vessel WINGS, wherever there's an ocean, currently in Mexico
Boat: Serendipity 43
Send a message via AIM to wingssail Send a message via Skype™ to wingssail
Re: Hurricane Haul Out Options in Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by s-v Cordelia View Post
I am looking for some advice for next year as haul out options for a Valiant 42 in the Caribbean for 2022, so figured this might be a good time to ask about experiences. We plan to be moving our cruising grounds form New England to the Caribbean and have no problem with a passage to get to where we want to be. I know years ago that Trinidad was a recommended option, but have not kept up on that regarding good and secure yards. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!
Looking on Google Earth both Trinidad and Grenada seem to have a lot of boats on the hard.

Tags
Caribbean, haul out, hurricane, rib