Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2022, 21:31   #1

Leaky roof

Hello members, I am maintaining a 56 Express in Fiji and there is an issue with water coming out of the inspection hatches on the underside of the aluminium hardtop behind the sunroof. This happens after it has been raining so the water is getting into the roof construction via the sunroof drains or screw holes (which are looking a bit guilty). But the water does not come out until the boat is moving and the power goes on bringing the nose up. It then cascades from the hatches on the underside wetting anyone below.
I would imagine there must have been provision for adequate drainage from the sunroof catchment area in the original design but maybe there is a blockage? Should there be drainage pipes internally somewhere I could look for? Any help would be appreciated as it's a mystery. And also annoying for passengers under the leaks. Thanks in advance. Nick
S P Fibreglass is offline   Reply With Quote