Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2024, 06:44   #1

Boat: Hylas 54
Location for refit

I'm looking for suggestions on where to haul my sailboat for multi-month a refit. I'll be living in Central New Jersey and so I'll choose a yard in the northern Chesapeake Bay or Delaware Bay. The boat is a Hylas 54 (mono). I'm familiar with Jabin's in Annapolis and I'd rather not go any further south. Can anyone comment on Haven Harbor marina in Rock Hall? Any others in the northern Chesapeake?

How about on the Deleware side of the canal? Are there any good yards around Wilmington?
jt11791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2024, 08:10   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters
Re: Location for refit

I will work South. The first problem is lack of chandlery's in South NJ. There is a decent West Marine in New Castle, DE. You can ship yo tere and skip state sales tax.

In NJ there is Greenwich Boatworks, Cohansey River. They have a big lift, a 75’ steel schooner for there for haul out.

Dorchester Shipyard on the Maurice. Pretty commercial but has capacity to haul. Don’t know about storage space. Their web site is down but was up recently.

In Delaware

Delaware City Marina has a 30 ton lift and jas allowed me to do a lot of work. I would look carefully at the lift. Delaware City is a small Town with basic necessities.

Berbers Basin, Salem. No idea how big the lift is.

Summit North about half way down the C&D canal has a decent lift and storage space. Not much there except a restaurant. In water live boards allowed.
hpeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refit