Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 12:27   #1

Boat: Formosa 41'
My Divinycell H80 got wet, now what?

I'm re-coring a part of my deck with Divinycell H80. I took the top layer of old fiberglass off, and removed the old wet wood core. I just set the H80 in place with vinyl ester two days ago and planned to start laying the fiberglass today. The weather was supposed to be overcast but dry and about 78 degrees which is perfect for fiberglassing with vinyl ester.
When I woke this morning it was drizzling lightly, and it's been drizzling lightly all morning. I covered the H80 right away but it got pretty wet during the night.
I assume that the H80 will be ok as long as I let it dry out completely before I fiberglass but I don't know. H80 is different than H100 in that it is somewhat absorbent.
So, I guess my question is will the H80 be ok if I wait a day or two to dry out before I fiberglass or am I SOL?
jimjimmyjimjim is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
nyc