Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-09-2023, 12:13   #1

Boat: KH 49x, Custom
New Boom Racks.

Hello all.

We designed some boom racks for our boat, to help make life easier for the new mainsail coming this spring. The stack pack will attach to the outer edges of the boom racks, and help to make stowing easier on the sail (and the crew).

The racks will fit any boom with a flat area around the sail slide, top or bottom of the boom. He'll make them any length or width you want. Ours are 6 feet (1828mm) long and 30 inches (762mm) wide. The boom is 6" (152mm) wide, so they extend 12 inches (304mm) out from each side of the boom.

Eddie, the guy who built them, says he can make them any size requested, and will ship anywhere.

If you're looking for an upgrade, I can highly recommend Eddie Arsenault, from Prince Edward Island. He's also the guy who built my stainless Annular rings for my Spectra Watermaker. He's got a machine shop in house, so welding or machining, he's a talented guy.

I'm not affiliated with this business, just a happy customer, and thought someone else might benefit from a good fabricator.

Cheers.
Paul.

Here's a link to a terrible video I made, showing how they're installed.

https://youtu.be/PAbeNYVNDUY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230920_130854.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	409.7 KB
ID:	281253   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230920_144111.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	404.6 KB
ID:	281254  

Old 09-10-2023, 04:54   #2

Boat: KH 49x, Custom
Re: New Boom Racks.

Eddie is the same guy who outfitted Kirsten's boat for her successful around the world race, in the GGR. You'll see his name plastered on the side of her boat.

He's presently interested in doing a refit on an aluminum boat. If you have one that needs a good welder/fabricator/machinist, he's ready for a new marine project. His shop will take a boat up to 64 feet long by 17 feet wide.

It's in Canada, so if you're from the USA, you'll save quite a lot on the exchange rate.

Cheers all.
Paul.