Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-10-2018, 14:06   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Nextgen generators

Go to their website.
I visited them the other day, it’s seems their primary business is much larger generators with 4 cylinder Kubota motors and often an air compressor driven off of the aft end of the generator
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0478.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	179010
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 14:09   #32

Boat: Boreal 52
Re: Nextgen generators

That’s crazy that they can’t give you dims for installation in advance. How can you tell if it will even fit?

I did email them recently to ask if genset was available in EU standard 230v/50hz. No answer. I asked again a month later. They replied without text, just attachment of price list. There I did find the EU standard listed.

So apparently they do reply eventually! Without a lot of wasted words!!! Good luck

One caveat: they do recommend in their manual not to use the sound shield if not needed, due to overheating concerns, and just rely on the engine compartment insul instead. If that works for you

Adam
S/V Bravo
svbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 14:19   #33

Boat: Endeavourcat Sailcat 44
Re: Nextgen generators

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Go to their website.
I visited them the other day, it’s seems their primary business is much larger generators with 4 cylinder Kubota motors and often an air compressor driven off of the aft end of the generator
Attachment 179010
I did go to their web site, but while they have overall dimensions they don't have specific dimensions required for building the bed. The pictures would suggest that the rear mounts are close to the rear of the enclosure, but how close. I need to clear some equipment so how far from this equipment do I have to place the mounting holes? The owners manual which i downloaded has dimensioned drawings of the genset without an enclosure, but no drawings at all of the enclosure.
Captain Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2018, 14:24   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
Nextgen generators

Call them, it’s not a large business and 99% of the time you will speak to the same guy. I’ve only called a few times myself but he has always answered.
I have been there, they are Doing a lot of business, about two dozen of the 4 cyl Kubota motors arrived on a truck when I was there and I think he said they buy the little motors at 100 a time, and I think he said they produce about 200 a month. They have outgrown their current building and are expanding.
However I’m probably mistaken, going off of memory on production rates, I just happened to be in Jax and stopped by.

However it is or does seem to have the Mom and Pop feel, if your looking for the Engineering dept., I’m pretty sure you won’t find one.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator