Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2024, 18:15   #1

Boat: Islander Bahama 30
Nyalic: Any bad experience?

Hi,

I’ve been looking at how to fix up my mast, which is 40 years old and has some paint bubbling and light corrosion. I’m going to be re-bedding the SS and removing and rebedding/Tefgel-ing the fasteners. To touch up and protect tye bare spots (there will be many when done, there is a lot of minor surface bubbling) I was thinking of trying Nyalic. It’s a polymer based protective clear coat. It can be used on a mast like mine with both good and failing paint. I could also sand it all and clear coat the aluminum with it. It had received good reviews on here from some people. I’m curious if there are any downsides or people with bad experiences. Thanks!
zachduckworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 01:05   #2
Sos

Boat: Woods Flica catamaran
Re: Nyalic: Any bad experience?

I have used it on our GRP hulls and also on stainless steel. In both cases very happy with it.
The supplier I brought from (UK) sold a lot to ali boat builders who coated all their boats so don't see any problem with your mast.
Sos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc