Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2017, 07:52   #1

Boat: 41' yawl
Oddly shaped flexible water tank

Hi folks,

My freshwater lives in an awkward spot under the cabin sole that has a vertical compression post running through it.

I want to double my capacity, and one way to do it would be to get another bladder to occupy the space on the other side of the compression post, but another way would just be to have a bladder that is shaped like a pair of pants, with the "crotch" snug against the compression post. Then I can keep all my plumbing the way it is, etc.

I was thinking about getting a rectangular bladder tank, cutting it, and regluing it into my pants shape, but I figured I'd see what people thought. What's the best bladder material for doing something like this?
chris95040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:00   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ellis Flybridge 28
Re: Oddly shaped flexible water tank

I'm not a big fan of permanently installed bladder tanks but these guys make very good ones. Aero Tec Laboratories - Aero Tec Labs - Aerotech - ATL - Aerotec - AeroTech Labs, Fuel Cells_Cell, Bladders_Bladder, Bladder Tanks_Tank, Potable Water Bladders, Pillow Tanks_Tank_Containment, Portable Tanks_Tank, Liquid Storage, Collapsible Tanks_Tan
I bet they would make one to your specs.

My suggestion is to figure out how to use a rigid tank. These guys make about 500 different sizes and shapes. Ronco Plastics - Marine Water Tanks, RV Water Tank, Auto Detail Tanks, Water Tanks

Tags
water