Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2020, 09:16   #1

Boat: 1987 Nimble 30' Yawl
Painter recommendations

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this - please let me know if not.

Looking for recommendations on someone to paint the top sides of my 30' Nimble sailboat. The boat is at a yacht club in Boston, MA. I have an interested buyer for whom I'm gathering information.

The boat was painted with Awlgrip at least 10 years ago. A few seasons back I sanded out some cosmetic blisters in the topsides. Now there are a number of patches that don't quite match the original paint job - although I tried!

There is someone who has done really great work for others at the yacht club. He applies gelcoat, not paint. While his prices are certainly worth it for what you get, they are not in a range that would work for my potential buyer.

And yes I could do it myself but no thank you. I'm downsizing so I can reduce my time doing maintenance and increase the amount of time sailing. The buyer is also not interested in doing the prep and painting.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Dorchester, MA
1987 Nimble 30 yawl (for sale)
2000 Rhodes 22
1982 Compac 16 (for sale)
mwhipple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
men, paint