Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2020, 06:16   #1

Boat: Schionning Waterline 1480
Price of SeaSpeed V10X in the US - the anti-stick anti-foul

Just wondering if someone has bought some recently or who can give me a price in the USA for the SeaSpeed V10X ultra per gallon.
Old 05-08-2020, 14:35   #2

Re: Price of SeaSpeed V10X in the US - the anti-stick anti-foul

Following... looking at V10X and Intersleek 1100 SR. I know SV Delos tried V10X for a while, but it seems they have recently removed it? We are lucky enough to be able to get up to over the required 10 knots to "clean" the bottom, which I think was an issue for them.
SV_Drumbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 00:31   #3

I don't think there is much interest in it from a sailboat point of view. I believe the issue for most is the growth while at anchor and frequency of cleaning. There is also no hard data of the self cleaning speeds so you can't be sure frequent use will suffice.

Having said that, I was prepared to pull the boat out this week to apply it but the product didn't arrive. On top of that the quoted price was 2 & 3/4 over the expectation, and the recommendations I was offered didn't come through. There isn't any local technical assistance here for the product so I'm better off to buy it directly from the US.

Inspite of all those points for the negative there are quite a few positives, and I hate antifoul enough to try it. I like it because it is hard enough that I can beach it. It lasts 10years, the growth comes off easily, it is unaffected by long term growth, hopefully the boat will be faster, and hopefully the dagger boards will slide more easily. I also believe I can make a floating scrubbing mat that I can sail over to clean the hulls if my boat speed isn't enough to clean it.
Old 08-08-2020, 00:38   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV_Drumbeat View Post
Following... looking at V10X and Intersleek 1100 SR. I know SV Delos tried V10X for a while, but it seems they have recently removed it? We are lucky enough to be able to get up to over the required 10 knots to "clean" the bottom, which I think was an issue for them.
I don't think Delos was a good fit for the product for them to remove it so quickly they presumably were quite unhappy with it. I don't think that rules it out for other boats but it would be nice to have a good understanding of their issues.

Tags
price