Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2012, 18:56   #1

Propeller

Could some kind soul please let me know what size folding prop ie gorrie or other that has been proven on a cal 39 with universal 44hp thnx peter
Fletchasurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 03:55   #2
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Propeller

You should just send your HP, rotation direction, rpm, reduction ratio, and shaft size to the various manufucturers and they will tell.
Old 26-06-2012, 05:27   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas
You should just send your HP, rotation direction, rpm, reduction ratio, and shaft size to the various manufucturers and they will tell.
Thanks don yes i see the various manufacturers have pro formas in this regard trouble is the boats in bonaire and iam in ozz so was hoping someone on a cal could give me the pitch and diameter of a teo or three bladedso i could hunt around for a used one cheers
Fletchasurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2012, 06:12   #4
CLOD

Boat: none
Re: Propeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletchasurf View Post
Thanks don yes i see the various manufacturers have pro formas in this regard trouble is the boats in bonaire and iam in ozz so was hoping someone on a cal could give me the pitch and diameter of a teo or three bladedso i could hunt around for a used one cheers

Even shopping for used prop you will need to know the same stuff. I had a Cal-39 with a Max-Prop 3 blade on it, but that doesn't mean the one on mine would be OK for yours as there are lots of different engnes and shafts etc used on different models of the Cal-39.

Once you know the info from your boat you can get quotes from manfacturers which you can then use to shop used ones if you want.