Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 18:08   #1
Marine Service Provider

Putting Lettering on a Sail Pack

I'm thinking of putting my website on my sail pack.

Should I get just the website, website and phone number, etc?
I've even seen some charters that have just the boat name...not too effective, if you ask me.

Paint or stitched on Sunbrella letters?

Banners that can be removed, or lettering directly on the pack?
Banners could go on a new pack, when I eventually need one.
Also I could extend the life, by removing them when I'm cruising and not chartering.

Any recommendations on where to get it done?
I could care less if their local, especially if I go with the banners.
off-the-grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 17:50   #2

Boat: PT-11
Re: Putting Lettering on a Sail Pack

We put our logo on our stackpack. Printed it on a piece of the same color sunbrella. Then had it sown on. Any signmaker can make it. Don't go to a marine canvas person, because they will charge you double.
SVNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:47   #3
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: Putting Lettering on a Sail Pack

Probably want to also make clear that the boat is for charter - a www.GrouchyTurtle.com (and a telephone No.) implies that - but doesn't explicity state it........Punters not always the sharpest tool in the draw . Easily Fixed though www.GrouchyTurtleCharters.com probably available and can simply automatically "point" that URL to your existing site.

Although I think that website alone would look better visually - I would put the Telephone number on so that folk can easily contact you from the dockside (or as you sail past ) with the expectation that someone would answer (not always the same with e-mail!).

I would choose whatever can be left on 24/7 and can ideally be read when sail up or at least when sail simply dropped (without doing something else) for when entering a Marina etc (plusses and minuses to that of course!).

To my mind paint liable to look a bit tatty over time, and the temptation will be to smarten it up "later" - ideally I would go for a banner that could either be fixed onto the Sailpack semi permanantly (i.e. not stitched on - so could remove it, even if likely won't bother) - the thinking being that cheap and easy to make / replace (or remove when not on Charter - albeit still advertising when cruising maybe no bad thing?) - letters would be my no.2 choice, but still run the risk of looking a bit tatty over time......dodgers are on my wishlist, but won't have the boat name for that reason.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail