Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 13:38   #1

Boat: Freedom 32'
Re-hab 30' 1971 Bristol

Okay gals and guys, I need a lot of help. I just bought my boat, no survey done. I know what a no, no that is. I knew before I bought it, but I just had this gut instinct. I always follow it. Right on 95% of the time. And right on this time too. Had the survey done AFTER I paid for it. It was totally what I expected, so that's all good.
Having it shrink wrapped for winter. It's in Branford, Ct. My next step will take place in the spring when I put her in the water. I want to take her to the Merritt Island area. I am a 71yr old women. So I can't do the work myself. I need the name of a reliable, honest, marina with a boatyard that can do all the work I need on the hull above water line. It's like car mechanics...women always get screwed unless it's a referral from someone they can trust. I also need the prices to be normal, not out in left field somewhere. I was looking at Cape Marina...anyone have pros and cons on this place?

Also there is crazing on the hull portside, about 1/4 of the area of the portside. What does this entail? Does it need to be just sanded and the painted. The vessel is painted black and I want to paint it cream or white. Other than the crazing, the hull is in good shape. What would an approx cost for doing a good job on the entire hull be?

The deck I can deal with little by little, the next thing I would tackle is the electrical..please tell me if that is correct. Would I do the electrical or the plumbing first. When I do either, do I need a boat electrician and a boat plumber or if I had a friend that was a really good electrician but not boat savvy, would he be able to do a good job with his knowledge?

I am sooo impressed with all of you, I don't know what we newbie's would do without you. Thanks for all your input
zengirl is offline   Reply With Quote