Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2023, 07:39   #1

SD 31 parts needed

Hello Cruising Community. I am new to posting here, but have been utilizing the information within this forum for many years. Thank you!

We recently purchased a 2000 Privilege 465 and promptly had issues with one of the Sd 31 saildrives. I am in search of parts (not sure exactly what yet but will know soon) and or replacement saildrives for the boat. If anyone has any insight as to where I can find these parts.
RCowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2023, 09:15   #2

Boat: twinkeels, 9m
Re: SD 31 parts needed

what problems ?
bil56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2023, 11:24   #3

Boat: Endeavourcat Sailcat 44

Where are you and what engines do you have?
Captain Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2023, 10:09   #4

Boat is in Charleston at Cooper River Boatyard. Engines are 3JH3E and 3JH4E.

Does anyone know if those engines will accept an SD50 saildrive and if so, what additional pieces/parts are required to fit them? One of the SD31’s may not be repairable so considering a swap to SD50’s.
Old 23-09-2023, 12:00   #5

Boat: Endeavourcat Sailcat 44

Have you contacted Mastry Engine Center in Clearwater Fl. Yanmar has restricted distribution centers for marine products in the US and will not ship outside of their territory. Mastry is the distributor for the SE. If the parts are available they can usually get them. I have had a situation where the the part was not available for three months coming from Japan. I found a shop online in the UK and had it shipped fedex overnight. They don't have the territory issue in Europe and it sure beat paying yard fees for three months waiting on a part.

For your second question the SD50 will probably work on your engine, though it has been out of production for almost 10 years and has a lot of serious issues of its own. The current drive for the 3jh series is the sd60. When I replaced my SD40s with SD60s in 2015 Yanmar sold an adapter kit that would allow them to be installed on older 3jh3 and 4 series engines. Someone told me those kits were no longer available, but I don't know if that is true or not. Mastry would probably be able to tell you.
Captain Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2023, 12:40   #6

Thank you! Excellent information. I will give them a call first thing Monday to see what they say.

Tags
parts