Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2011, 21:15   #1

Boat: Tayana 37 Sallyforth
Shipmate Ovens

looking for lpg burner rings for shipmate oven any help appreciated cheers
sallyforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 22:18   #2

Boat: csy 37
i've got a 32 year old shipmate lpg stove/oven. still works. when i needed new burner parts for it i found that parts for the 'princess' line of stoves fit and are still being made. you might have better luck looking for the 'princess' stove parts.

the shipmate factory no longer exists - i know because i went to visit it one day in pennsylvania and it's now a junk yard.....
onestepcsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 01:48   #3

Hi onestepcsy37 Thanks for reply,ok see how I go,Ill Google Them, Yeh Ive had Mine for 10 years came with boat too good to replace........Cheers tayana 37 Sallyforth cruising Australia Cheers
Old 19-01-2011, 10:37   #4

Boat: csy 37
i've got an old copy of 'practical sailor' from the 1990's where they tested various stoves. they rated the shipmate as the 'cadillac' of stoves.
onestepcsy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 09:58   #5

Re: Shipmate Ovens

I have a Shipmate from the early eighties with a key operated oven door. The key was lost before I got the boat. 1. Can I get a replacement? Or can I just make one up?
Silmaril1067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 13:48   #6

Hi Silmaril1067, Check out Gearbuster( Ebay usa) Florida,he has large amount of Shipmate replacement parts.......E Mail :UltimateAccuracy@aol.com
Cheers Sallyforth
Old 28-06-2011, 14:57   #7

Boat: Pearson 281

Shipmate has been resurrected by a dedicated stove fan right there in PA close to the original shop. ShipMate Stove Company Inc. - your source for classic solid fuel boat stoves, heaters and sinks.

While I understand he has some access to parts for the old shipmate lpg stoves the new owner's focus is currently on cast iron wood burners. He is using original casting molds though the feet have been beefed up a bit and draws help from a few of the old Shipmate hands in the production of the stoves.

His most interesting stove r&d has to do with an all stainless, deco looking wall mounted pellet stove for more contemporary boats and he his working on bringing out a folding sink. Prices are very competetive and the stoves are all U.S. made in PA. Good guy and as an owner of one of his stoves can vouch for their quality.
Butler is offline   Reply With Quote