Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2023, 05:05   #1

Boat: Houseboat/Riverboat
Steel Boat Hatches - Australia

I am just in the process of buying an old flat bottomed steel houseboat. I'm intending to do a full rebuild of the boat. I an looking for a source of a couple of steel deck hatches to replace the aluminium panels that are currently on the boat. Does anyone know of a source for these in Australia? To save on costs, I'd prefer used. One hatch is about 800mm square, and the other is about 800mm x 1600mm

Thanks in advance, Gustav
QueSeraSera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2023, 13:46   #2

Re: Steel Boat Hatches - Australia

Hi and welcome to the forum QueSeraSera. Its useful to post your approximate location, some of the members might be able to give you very specific advice from local knowledge of boatyards and fabricators. Those are big hatches, is the houseboat a surveyed vessel under AMSA or just a normal registration? Where is the boat located? Usually its easiest to get a welding shop to make em up out of steel or aluminium.
skipperpete is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, boat, hatch, steel