Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 15:53   #1

Boat: Frances 26
Suggestions needed on shop in Deltaville, VA

I am looking for recommendations on a marina or individual to do some repairs for me in the Deltaville, Virginia area or Urbanna, Virginia area. I'm not familiar with the area but will be taking my boat there in the next month.

I need some help with replacing a cutlass bearing and stuffing box on an 1985 26 foot sailboat.

Thanks!
summercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 00:53   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates
Re: Suggestions needed on shop in Deltaville, VA

Try Deltaville BoatYard. Did a great job for us helping researching and putting in a water maker, and designing a 2nd fuel tank, getting it built and installing it. Great people and quality work.
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 04:48   #3

Boat: 2001 Hunter 460

I just researched this issue first hand, what I can till you good luck. The Deltaville boat yard it's self seems to get good reviews but beyond that the place was desolate. We were there just a few days ago and looked around, nearest home Depot is a good drive, maybe an hour depending on traffic, no lodging at a good rate, just way out of the way from anywhere. I would look at other boat yards

Sent from my SM-G900T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
tucamonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:06   #4

Boat: Valiant 40

Those are pretty basic repairs and you don't need a big busy yard for them.

If you want it done less expensively, sail another 8 miles up the Rappahannock to Urbanna and have Nelson do it for you at Dozier's Port Urbanna. He'd probably do it while the boat was in the slings, then and there if you know your shaft diameter and he can throw the new cutlass in the freezer beforehand.

If you want it done in Deltaville I would give Crown Marine a call.

As Tuca said Deltaville is not a place you want hang out...there's nothing there other than a fistful of marinas and yards, a West Marine, and a pizza shop or two. Urbanna on the other hand is absolutely lovely by comparison.
Suijin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delta