Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2023, 10:43   #1

Tayana 37 Fuel Tank

Hi there all you wonderful teachers! I’m in the process of buying a Tayana 37 Cutter rigged beauty and have a fuel tank related question. It currently has a stainless tank (guessing 90 gallons capacity) set under the v-berth which is not the original midship location. My concern is obviously related to displacement for 700lbs so far forward. Should I move it aft to balance her out? Any thoughts, or suggestions would be rad! Thanks in advance🤙🏼
CaptainMorgan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2023, 10:49   #2

Re: Tayana 37 Fuel Tank

Yeah, I would not leave 700 lbs up there. I suppose the mid ship tank is buried under furniture and not an easy change out?
I guess you could ask yourself if you really need 90 gallons of fuel. My experience is no, and fuel gets old. Maybe install a smaller plastic tank or two midships inside the old tank?

I installed two extra tanks in a boat once for max storage, filled them once, used that fuel up and never refilled them after all that work.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2023, 10:51   #3

Boat: Pearson 323, Tayana V42CC

You should consider joining the Tayana Owners Group. It is well populated with T37 owners. It also has a substantial library of files related to projects, drawings, etc. etc.

Tayana Owners Group Newsletter

http://groups.google.com/group/tognews

You'll find answers to your question at both locations.

If she's sitting on her lines it's fine. Removing it might add to hobby horsing though.
Scubaseas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2023, 11:06   #4
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

google says the original tank was black iron 90 gallons and is under the vee birth .. but Perry's plans called for it to be under a settee.
Old 28-01-2023, 11:07   #5

Thanks for the quick replies. Unfortunately the Tayana 37 Owners Group page is under construction, so I can’t access anything there. Until I can poke my head around the boat some more I suppose I’ll just have to be patient until the deal is done. Again, I appreciate the help.
CaptainMorgan79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel tank, tayana 37