Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-02-2012, 22:18   #1

Boat: BR36, resurected building project
Toe Rails

hello all, especially aussies, as i am trying to find a local sorce for some lengths of slotted alloy toe rail to suit a 36' yacht say around 22m in all, I'm in brisbane and have exhausted most of the obivious sorces? wholesale alloy, mast suppliers [one or two still to go]but nobody seems to have any in stock, no great demand!, or intend to do so, or will will do so in 250kg lots, so any information of sorces, or where to start to looking in and around brisbane, or n.s.w even will be much appreciated, some boat manufacturers may have some stock? a bit hard to find around here, a few samples would be even better still, off cuts etc, cheers bucketing down rain here at the moment, see ya.
streaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 01:29   #2

Boat: 38' Hughes S&S design
Re: toe rails

Streaker,

I have had a look myself but came up with the same results as you.

I am planning on taking off my existingt toe rail and maybe stripping back and poweder coating,

Sorry I ahve now answer for you. I would be interested also to see who stock/ manufactures toe rail

Scott
scubascooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 02:50   #3

Boat: 320 Catalina and a 16ft Scruffie " Oma Martha"

Quote:
Originally Posted by streaker1 View Post
hello all, especially aussies, as i am trying to find a local sorce for some lengths of slotted alloy toe rail to suit a 36' yacht say around 22m in all, I'm in brisbane and have exhausted most of the obivious sorces? wholesale alloy, mast suppliers [one or two still to go]but nobody seems to have any in stock, no great demand!, or intend to do so, or will will do so in 250kg lots, so any information of sorces, or where to start to looking in and around brisbane, or n.s.w even will be much appreciated, some boat manufacturers may have some stock? a bit hard to find around here, a few samples would be even better still, off cuts etc, cheers bucketing down rain here at the moment, see ya.
Have you tried Austral Wright? Austral Wright Metals
Not much they don't have. Are you in Manly?
reiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 04:14   #4

scubscooter [scot] I will defientaly let you know of any success, a thought though, with your old toe rails I would not be in favor of powder coating, never liked this as once the coating has been damaged corrosion sets in and you are back where you started from, much better to have them re-anodized, cheers.
Old 25-02-2012, 04:23   #5

Reiner thanks for that, hadn't thought of them I'll see how i go next week I'm not at Manly although i do some sailing out of there wish this rain would go away hey, last weekend was "tourist brochure" stuff, I will keep an eye open, happy days.
Old 25-02-2012, 05:45   #6

Boat: 320 Catalina and a 16ft Scruffie " Oma Martha"

Let me know how you go. If you can't find a rail I can talk to some people in the aluminium game.
The rain is suposed to hang around a few more days.
Cheers
Reiner
reinerg@bigpond.net.au
reiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2012, 05:46   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard, streaker1.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote