Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2022, 10:30   #1

Boat: Westerly Fulmar 32
TP32 Tiller Pilot Parts

So I had a Tillerpilot Failure half way across the Atlantic last year. this was a little disappointing especially as I was single handing. I must point out that this thing has been a super hero over the last couple of years, if you get caught by the tiller it will about knock you over. and I have sailed in some sh1ty weather with it, and slept soundly. So when it failed I had no choice but to go to the locker and get the spare... problem was that the spare didn't last long, this one that I had only been briefly tried had some sort of electronic issue and would only work for about ten minutes. So when the time was right I made a good one out of the two. now a replacement TP32 if you can find one is stupendously expensive. its better to pay a little extra and go to the Raymarine EV-100. that being said if I could get some spare parts or purchase a none working TP32 this would be much better. These units were manufactured by Raymarine and Simrad (I think). I have looked for spare parts but I've had no luck. I am open to ideas right now. currently I'm in Minnesota but will be visiting Parents in the UK soon and then traveling to the boat in Madeira. I geographically I have lots of choices to get parts. I'll then be heading to Caneries, Brasil, South Africa.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Autopilot Failure IMG_3161.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	368.2 KB
ID:	254006  
Steven UK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts