Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-2024, 05:10   #31

Boat: Beneteau First 45F5, Adams 12
Re: Trying to Sell, but these $'s for adjustments seem excessive, a little help pleas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seas The Moment View Post
I want to thank everyone for all of their comments. They have all been extremely educational.

To respond to some of the questions posed to me in this thread, the asking price was 165k. The reason I did not do a pre-check is because I've been sailing in Mexico on my other boat while it was on the market. As far as the zinc was concerned, I pay a diver monthly to clean my bottom and replace the anodes. They still had at least one month to go, and to be honest with you my feeling on that is similar to having your engine oil 1/2 quart low. It's ongoing maintenance.

All three parties have negotiated a give-and-take, the buyer the seller and the broker. With each individual compromising a little, we now have a deal in the process of finalization paperwork.

I really love this forum, all comments regardless of there criticism or encouragement. It helps me be a better sailor.

Thanks again for everyone's help
Congratulations on being a single boat owner I am dreaming of the day. I agree with a lot of the comments, it is all a dance around the $$ and at the end of the day, taking a hit on the price is soon paid back in dropping the holding costs!
I am down to 2 boats now and so looking forward to only having one (although I am still in love with them both).
Leakie Marine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease, men