Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2014, 18:36   #16
cruiser

Re: What Could Have Caused This Crack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Mor View Post
Oyster 485. I think there's a sacrificial bow on it. That crack could mean it's been compromised.
Julie, judging by that crack and the advice I've gotten here on CF from the yard guys, you actually have a Beneteau, not an Oyster. Oysters don't crack. Beneteaus crack.

BTW - how ya doin' sista! I remember your EPIC BFS a couple of years ago on SN. Pink raincoat. Freakin' awesome.
smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2014, 17:21   #17

If that crack is more than just the laminate (and if properly bonded it is composite with the substrate... it would be a crack from shear stress... something flexed too much.
Sandero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 07:07   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
Julie, judging by that crack and the advice I've gotten here on CF from the yard guys, you actually have a Beneteau, not an Oyster. Oysters don't crack. Beneteaus crack.

BTW - how ya doin' sista! I remember your EPIC BFS a couple of years ago on SN. Pink raincoat. Freakin' awesome.
Hey Smack! Good to see you! Although that BFS was 20 years ago or so, I still remember it vividly. We were just down "at the scene of the crime" and I was recollecting. Still have the BFS can cooler you sent, it's on a shelf just above me. But it needs a place on a boat!

As for the crack, it looks like it's the mica, but believing that requires us to believe the broker.
Old 02-01-2015, 08:41   #19
cruiser

Still epic after 20 years.

Oh, and don't worry, brokers never lie.
smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote