Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2020, 04:00   #1

Boat: Feeling 44 DI
Which Glue?

I have a Goldenship inflatable tender with an airmat (inflatable) floor. The tender itself is supposedly Korean PVC (vinyl?) but not sure if the floor is the same.

My research indicates that these inflatables are generally PVC or neoprene (synthetic rubber).

I need to reglue the flange around the inflating nozzle of the airmat floor. It definitely appears to be glued now, not welded.

My question is, what glue? I can get neoprene glue but worried that may harm the vinyl. Have also considered polyurethane.

Is there a glue that is safe and suitable whether vinyl or neoprene?
Markb250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:16   #2

Boat: BUILT!!! Roberts Mauritius 43ft
Re: Which Glue?

I have no idea but since no-one else has responded to your query maybe this is some help?

What is the best glue for inflatable boats?
for PVC or urethane materials there are a variety of glues that you can use depending on your application. we highly recommend vinyl bond stay bond or Clifton's urethane adhesive. today we'll be using Clifton's urethane adhesive it provides a really good bond while working well with PVC.May 22, 2012

coopec43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 14:00   #3

Re: Which Glue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markb250 View Post
I have a Goldenship inflatable tender with an airmat (inflatable) floor. The tender itself is supposedly Korean PVC (vinyl?) but not sure if the floor is the same.

My research indicates that these inflatables are generally PVC or neoprene (synthetic rubber).

I need to reglue the flange around the inflating nozzle of the airmat floor. It definitely appears to be glued now, not welded.

My question is, what glue? I can get neoprene glue but worried that may harm the vinyl. Have also considered polyurethane.

Is there a glue that is safe and suitable whether vinyl or neoprene?
From owning a neoprene wetsuit, I remember neoprene glue. Neoprene is a foam, and neoprene glue was for repairing rips. It bonded with the neoprene and bridged/filled gaps.

I don't think you want neoprene glue.

Best bet is to find an inflatable dealer; they will have a selection of appropriate glues.
Lake-Effect is offline   Reply With Quote