Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-07-2013, 14:17   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2 (2008)
Yanmar engine panel

Does anybody know where I can get replacement engine panel overlays (they are adhesive) for my Yanmar engine panels? Every time I find anything close it turns out to be the entire panel already populated with wire harness, RPM gauge, ignition switch and off button at a cost of $900 and up. This stuff shouldn't be this hard t find and definitely not that expensive to replace.

Thanks in advance for any useful information.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Yanmar engine panel.jpg
Views:	7909
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	64464  
kmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 14:38   #2

Boat: s/v Urraco S&S Swan 37 (copy)
Re: Yanmar engine panel

You could try asking an advertising signwriter to make up for you in self adhesive vinyl - should be a piece of cake with the digital technology available today. You might be able to borrow and scan a new panel to obtain a digital image. The tricky bit will be letting the indicator lights shine through at the oil/water/battery etc. symbols - if that is what is required. It may be possible to do in a two layer system with a clear layer over the lights and then holes cut in the dark over layer for the indicator lights. If you can't scan an actual panel, you might not get an exact match for the printed on symbols or you could just accept text above each light.
Allan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2013, 15:08   #3

Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmason View Post
Does anybody know where I can get replacement engine panel overlays (they are adhesive) for my Yanmar engine panels? Every time I find anything close it turns out to be the entire panel already populated with wire harness, RPM gauge, ignition switch and off button at a cost of $900 and up. This stuff shouldn't be this hard t find and definitely not that expensive to replace.

Thanks in advance for any useful information.
I went through that. I could not find just the adhesive part, but there is an intermediate solution. You can get what they call the "housing" which is is the black hard plastic piece to which the adhesive bit sticks, plus the adhesive píece. Allthis for just under US$30, part number is 128170-91010. Link here: Yanmar 128170-91010 Sailboat Supplies, Engine Parts and Boat Parts

Just make sure it fits your version of panel (with or without temp and oil pressure gauge). Once you fix this I suggest you add a Panel Visor to make sure the panel lasts forever... See www.seaworthygoods.com/panelvisor.html‎

C
svlamorocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 04:04   #4

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2 (2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svlamorocha View Post
I very much appreciate the help and link you provided. I have a cover being manufactured for the panel to keep the sun from baking it again once it is replaced. Again, thank you; this is what these forums are about/

Allan M, I had been looking for someplace that would make a panel to replace the one I have but some places won't do a short run of 2 panels. I was even thinking about buying a short run and selling the rest to other Yanmar owners. Thanks for the suggestion.
kmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2013, 08:36   #5

Location: On board Sarah, currently lying in Jacksonville, FL
Boat: Pearson, 424, 42', Sarah

Kmason,
I have the same problem with the foil on the panel for my 4JH4 engine. There is a part number for just the plate and the foil, but Yanmar has discontinued that item and the only option was a complete new panel. The local (JAX, FL) Yanmar dealer did call the area distributor (Mastry) and found out that a shop in Ft. Lauderdale, Complete Yacht, is making up the foil for one of the panels. Unfortunately, I need the "C" panel with oil pressure and water temperature guages and he is just making the foil for the "B" panel, which looks like the one in your picture.
They are looking into making the foil for the "C" panel, but I have no commitment. I also don't know what they want for the "B" panel foil, but it should be worthwhile to give them a call. They said they would have those foils available in about 2 weeks.

John
jstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2015, 08:27   #6

I found several places to get replacement panels. One is TOADMarine Supply. The panel part # is 129271-91120. cost is $128 ea. You can also get the gasket if yours is cracked. Additionally you can get the insert at Complete yacht service Ft. Lauderdale. The insert foil only part # csy-102 cost is $50 ea.
westoking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, yanmar