Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Today, 10:09   #1

Yanmar Kanzaki km3p transmission dipstick thread type and size?

I broke off the threads for my dip tube for yanmar kanzak km3p transmission. The threads are broke off in the housing and the tube slides in and out through the new broken threads that are screwed into the housing. I'm out traveling so I'm hoping to get to home depot and find a screw to pug the hole? I do see the dip tube is vented so I'm wondering if this will not work due to it not allowing it to vent? Also wondering if I'm safe running it with the dip tube just pushed into the hole? It's not wide open to the atmosphere but it's also not sealed kinda just pressed in with enough friction to hold it in place? Any ideas what to do until I get the proper fix
Mg451 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kanzaki, size, transmission, yanmar