Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2012, 07:09   #1

Boat: Bristol 29.9 / Hunter 31 / Beneteau Oceanis 41.1
Customs and Vessel Documentation

Hello All,

Looking for one more opinion. I am recently a partial owner of sailboat and will be sailing from the USVI to BVI and back. The vessel is a USCG documented boat but the paperwork is in the process of being updated with the USCG to reflect the new owners, Two original owners and now two additional owners.

I have a copy of the Application for Change of Documentation with the other owners and my name on it and the original Certificate of Documentation.

Is there any reason I should have trouble with either customs in the BVI, or CBP when returning to US waters?

Thanks for your time and advice.
- Chris
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 08:01   #2

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Re: Customs and Vessel Documentation

As long as you have all the papers w/bill of sale, you should be fine.

I might add; you can call ahead and let them know your coming, and they may have other suggestions.
Old 23-02-2012, 09:37   #3

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Re: Customs and Vessel Documentation

In my experience, the USVDC turn around time is pretty quick on routine changes such as a sale. Some paperwork changes you can even complete on-line now. I would suggest just getting it done and be done with it.

If not, get an authorization letter from whoever is named on the title currently.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customs, documentation