Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 09:39   #61

Boat: Finnsailer 38
Re: DHS seizes boat because owner won't lie

More on Arrington. Sounds like he may have some issues.

Quote:
When TechCrunch founder turned venture capitalist Mike Arrington was accused last week of rape and abuse by an ex-girlfriend, many in Silicon Valley were shocked, but not entirely surprised. This is because rumors that Arrington abused women have circulated almost from the time he started his career in the tech industry. Gawker has learned of two previous instances, a decade apart, in which Arrington was accused of violent, abusive behavior towards women.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:44   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man View Post
It is usually more to a story than this: Let's hear the other side....
I'm betting there are a couple of more facts, somewhere, that we're not hearing. There always are, or we wouldn't even need courts.
Group9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:34   #63

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Camper & Nicholson58 Ketch - ROXY Traverse City, Michigan No.668283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus69 View Post
It is interesting to note that government and bureacracy related subjects and items have increased in frequency over time. Just an observation.
SO true. I remember as a kid and up to only a few years ago, news was local. We seldem had much to talk about relative to national politics. Now that is all of the news. These guys, our employees and servants, should be doing enverything they can to stay below the radar, out of the limelight and to serve us and the constitution. They should not be using their positions as a hammer. If the agencies have mistakenly hired nasty, abusive and vindictive representatives, they need to do a purge - just like the former Rutgers coach or Woody Hays. These people are very bad ambasabors of our government agencies. I have so many maddening encounters from TSA (Thousands Standing Around) that I avoid flying unless I am cornered into it. Once, the TSA supervisor who witnessed abuse (of me) followed me to my gate to ask that I swear out a complaint. He said they can't get rid of the jerk unless enough complaints are filed against him. As long as these people think they are above the law and operate unchallenged, they will own us. Our forefathers fought a revolution to throw off an irresponsible and unjust royal dictatorship and yet we willingly make these people de-facto Dukes and Earls.
Nicholson58 is offline   Reply With Quote