Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-09-2011, 13:08   #16

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
Re: Don't Fudge With Your Insurance Policy

As with all things in the human experience, there is the "rest of the story . . ." Single line denunciations mean little without the "whole" background and situation.
- - One reason for that little hard to read box of numbers/letters on websites with reviews is to stop multiple automatic postings of mythical or pissed off opinions.
- - Whether the "bitch" is valid or misconstrued or mythical cannot be determined by one-liners . . .
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2011, 13:32   #17

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Denmark (Winter), Cruising North Sea and Baltic (Summer)
Boat: Cutter-Rigged Moody 54
Re: Don't Fudge With Your Insurance Policy

I find marine insurance to be quite a good deal compared with other types. I pay less than $1000 a year -- a small fraction of one percent of the insured amount -- to insure risks which seem to me to be quite tangible. I find it an excellent bargain to pay that kind of money and then sleep soundly at night knowing that if she sinks at her moorings -- God forbid -- or is lost at sea -- double God forbid -- that she will be replaced not at my expense. It's a great deal, as far as I'm concerned.

I have rarely made insurance claims during my life, but on the two or three occasions when I did, I was paid promptly and courteously. I am not quite sure why some people are so bitter about the whole idea of insurance -- certainly there are some bad apples, but in general the industry is a boon to civilization, as far as I'm concerned.
Dockhead is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance