Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-05-2021, 12:28   #1

Boat: Lagoon 400
Entry into Tahiti

Hi all

I'm a NZ citizen who has purchased a Yacht in Tahiti, wanting to get there asap and sail it home. Currently Tahiti is only open to US citizens, travelling from the US. I've heard there are a number of Kiwis who have purchased yachts in Tahiti in the last few months, and also that the FP government could be considering 'Yacht Relocation' as a valid 'compelling reason' for special entry permission. Anyone else in the same position or have had any success in gaining special entry permission?

Myself and my crew are in the process of being Covid vaccinated now (had one out of 2 shots). I'm pretty sure that as a minimum, FP government will require special entry candidates to be vaccinated.

Appreciate any help!

thanks.
Kiwi-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2021, 19:53   #2

Re: Entry into Tahiti

What a bizarre world we live in at the moment when a French province will only accept those travelling from a non-French virus ravaged country and not from a country free of the virus?
Doesn't seem likely.
NevilleCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:41   #3
djs

Re: Entry into Tahiti

Kiwi-Cam
Rules seeem to be changing almost weekly. There is a french poly cruisers Facebook group that is a good source of information.

French Polynesia is making efforts to open up. Tourism traffic from the US is now open. Officially maritime borders are still closed but applications can be made to DPAM, the maritime agency although as you will be arriving by plane this won’t be relevant to you. At the moment you do need to get permission through DPAM to leave.

If your new boat is on the hard please get here and splash it as soon as possible. there are many of us desperate for a haul out and the yards are all full of boats whose owners are still overseas

Best of luck
Dave
Currently in the Tuamotus
djs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tahiti